“Pleasant engagement”, that’s what Jeugddienst Don Bosco vzw wants to be. By challenging young people to volunteering, formation initiatives and other ways of free time spending/occupation, a contribution is made towards their complete development.
Please write to email@example.com if you are interested in these opportunities.
Volunteer work from 12/09/2022 to 30/07/2023
We are looking for two European volunteers !
The project which will take place in DB Ganshoren, a residential educational youth centre close to Brussels. Next to residential care, the place offers possibilities for oratory (playground), youth work, holiday camps, homework support and different projects supporting the development of young people. The project will have a specific focus on integral ecology approach and education. We want to propose a new experiment aiming to act in the field of integral ecology education.
The tasks of the volunteers will consist of:
- To build up a relationship with the youngsters living at DB Ganshoren
- Organize cultural, sportive and educational activities/workshops for children, young people of DB Ganshoren
- Support the oratory and youth center during their activities
- Organize awareness campaigns, workshops and educational activities for young people living in
Volunteers will be staying at DB Ganshoren in a separate wing of the building. Every volunteer will have the availability over a personal room with a bed, sink, wardrobe and internet connection. The volunteers will share a kitchen, salon, toilet and bathroom. The accommodation is close to public transport and has good connections with Brussels. During working time, meals will be provided by centre's kitchen. During weekends, volunteers will be responsible for their own meals. There will be a bike available for the projects’ volunteers. and everyone receives a train card for 10 rides.
Volunteers receive a weekly household budget and monthly pocket money.
Some requirements for the ESC-volunteers are:
- able to communicate in English (and French - optional)
- have some experience in working with young people
- being an independent person
- open towards other cultures and interested to have an intercultural experience
- motivated and eager to learn
- interested in ecological and environmental project development
Leave a Reply.
Long term experience
This page aims for member organisations from DBYN to be able to post their long-term volunteering opportunities.